Home

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weight loss and illnesses

I have been sick for almost 3 weeks with laryngitis and noticed last week that I had lost about 14 pounds. Part of the reason for the length is that I had both viral and bacterial forms; I was on antibiotics for 10 days, starting 2 days in and was still having trouble and sore for a couple days after. Today was an additional 2. I thought, since I've been trying to loose weight, I'd track it and created a ticker for it but I can't figure out how to add it to my side bar. That will come shortly. I have it on my Google home page, that's a start, right?




Over the last 5 months I have been having hives and welts appear on my body with has been documented so that when I see my Allergist in Victoria in November (10 months after first out break) I can recount what, when and for how long. I am currently taking 2 Benadryl twice a day and 1 Zantac twice a day. Benadryl and Zantac are anti-histamines for histamine reactors 1 and 2, respectfully. At this point, instead of saying that I am allergic to myself (and people think I'm crazy) I am now saying I have an undiagnosed auto-immune disease. All of my medical issues - Meniere's Disease, Hypothyroidism, and Restless Leg Syndrome could all be linked some how.

No comments:

Post a Comment